AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of AI, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We have already deployed our technology across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase the efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated team is located just outside Denver in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re looking for exceptional talent to support our mission.
- The Head of Sales Operations (HSO) directs AMP’s investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
- The HSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the AMP sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), the HSO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization's efficient operation and success. The HSO will ultimately build out AMP's sales operation function and team.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the CCO, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect AMP’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring AMP’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Partners with sales leadership and team to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the CCO and CTO/CIO and other key AMP functions to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Achievement of AMP sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the CCO.
- Over time, builds sales operations function and team, including sales ops specialists.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management resources.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of sales operations and sales experience of which at least 5 years minimum is in sales operations.
- Strong strategic planning capability coupled with operational/execution excellence.
- Excellent x-functional collaboration skills and ability to facilitate and lead initiatives across company.
- Knowledge and experience with sales operations tools/systems like CRM, SPM, BI, etc important. SFDC experience and expertise required.
- Good presentation and communication skills and ability to document and sell business case/ROI.
- Relevant industry experience in technology and/or complex capital equipment industry a plus.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.