NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business Project Manager
- Investing in the UN SDGs in NYC Invest NYC SDG is a two-year initiative led by NYU Stern’s Center for Sustainable Business with the goal of driving private sector financing toward creating a more sustainable, inclusive, and resilient New York City. Using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) as a framework, the initiative is developing concrete investable projects.
The initiative is supported by Goldman Sachs, Pepsico, New York Community Trust, Con Edison, and Sims Recycling, and is guided by a steering committee with finance and subject experts from the public and private sector.
Invest NYC SDG seeks to hire two committed, hardworking, and fearless second-year MBA students to continue the development process for projects focused on topics including the built environment, food and health, waste, renewable energy, sustainable mobility, and climate resilience.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Develop pitch decks, preliminary business plans and analyses based on existing research and problem identification with both narrative and financials, in text and Powerpoint form.
- Conduct guided outreach and help facilitate business partnerships and financing (via email, Zoom, and phone) as needed by interested stakeholders
- Opportunities to present work to the Invest NYC SDG steering committee, as well as other advisory bodies.
- Deliverables will vary, depending on each project, the stakeholders engaged, and the stage of project development. But will include pitch decks, preliminary business plans, financial models, and written narrative descriptions of the work, to be included in a final Roadmap document for the United Nations, chronicling the Invest NYC SDG initiative for other cities to adapt
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint, is required
- Excellent online research skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to establish and build stakeholder relationships on the phone, Zoom, and via email
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Students will have regular meetings with their direct supervisor to discuss progress on the project
- Supervisor will provide student with feedback on each assignment that the student completes
- Start Date: September 1, 2020
- Duration/End Date: December 11, 2020 - Hours/Week: 10-20
- Manager: Marianna Koval, Director, Invest NYC SDG
- Compensation: $20/hour
- Work will be completed remotely
To apply, please fill out an application at this link by August 15, 2020, with your resume and cover letter. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Who We Are:
The NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business (CSB) envisions a better world through better business. CSB was founded on the principle that sustainable business is good business, and is proving the value of sustainability for business management and performance at a time when people and the planet need it most. Through education, research, and engagement, CSB prepares individuals and organizations with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to embed social and environmental sustainability into core business strategy. In doing so, businesses reduce risk; create competitive advantage; develop innovative services, products, and processes; while improving financial performance and creating value for society. For more information, visit CSB’s website: https://www.stern.nyu.edu/sustainability