Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As a Supply Chain Planner, you are a problem-solver and excited to contribute your Supply Chain & Logistics expertise to an early-stage startup. Your role is critical as you will ensure the availability of plant and seedling production material at Infarm's high-tech vertical farm production centers as well as the timely implementation of the entire supply-chain’s planning in order to meet the demands of our clients.
This is a key role requiring sharp skills in material planning, where you must keep in mind that the highly variable nature of supply and demand are crucial for the success of internal and external customers.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Create and modify existing MRP tools and processes to improve the efficiency of the supply chain
- Plan the material supply and demand for our production and nursery farms
- Analyze key-material availabilities and ensure planning is adapted to changing needs
- Develop strong communication with key stakeholders across the business to streamline the MRP process
- Conduct material planning and place purchase requests to run, maintain and operate farms on short and medium-term (+6 months) while ensuring minimum inventory levels
- Maintain, develop and optimize our partnership with external service providers to ensure material preparation like kitting/labeling etc. as needed
- Work closely with our Operations and Expansion teams to understand demand and execution timelines, and to analyze data for forecasting sales and production levels
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management
- Handle capacity planning and various logistics projects related to Supply Chain Planning
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Develop effective forecast models, based on industry trends and demand patterns
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Ensure that Monthly KPIs are tracked and achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in a MRP planning and order management tool (Excel based a plus)
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Experience in a demand-planning or forecasting role
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with Google Suite and MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work and thrive under pressure
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 19 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.