Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The Global Offer Management Lead, Grain Marketplace is responsible for the creation and strategic positioning of the Offer within the company portfolio. This individual will define the strategy and roadmap that ensures the offer successfully addresses market problems and is strategically positioned within the company’s portfolio. Responsibilities include understanding needs the offer addresses, identifying resources available to build the offer, obtaining buy-in on a business plan, strategically positioning the offer within the company’s portfolio, and building the route to market.
- Complete a segmentation analysis, prioritizing and sequencing grower segments into an offer development roadmap that describes how the Grain Marketplace Offer and market will evolve in phases over the next 3-5 years.
- Develop an offer portfolio plan that details the products and services required to deliver the offer roadmap, including a gap analysis to identify capabilities that need to be developed to build and deliver those products or services.
- Develop a business case for the next-phase offer portfolio of products and services, linking grower needs with business goals to outline growth targets, unit economics, and risks to mitigate.
- Refine the distribution strategy for each offer and grower segment, including building a landscape analysis and refined partnership strategy.
- Perform an inventory of applicable laws pertaining to development and delivery of products and services in the offer portfolio and develop an operational plan to ensure current and ongoing compliance.
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Ability to lead both conceptual and analytical problem solving in a new and unproven industry
- Ability to lead a team with multiple simultaneous workstreams
- Ability to develop a multi-year vision and strategy, supported by data and analysis, and rally stakeholders around that vision
- Ability to convert a complex and multi-layered strategy into actionable plans to manifest that strategy
- Ability to lead confidently through ambiguity, creating structure and optimism amidst uncertainty
- Excellent verbal and written communications serving a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, developing deep relationships over time
- A commitment to continuous improvement and a habit of welcoming and seeking feedback / input from others
- Relationship driven & customer centric driven mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years’ work experience in strategy function
- Proven ability to build, lead, manage, and empower a high-performing team
- MBA/advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience in agriculture with an intimate understanding of industry players and market forces
- Experience managing complex and fast-paced projects with a high degree of ambiguity
- Experience with strategy development in a new market
- Experience with financial modeling
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.