Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As Procurement Manager you are responsible for overseeing all material acquisitions and vendor facing communication to ensure production goals are met. You are proficient in basic supplier management with a keen eye for identifying pricing and trends. You are analytical and able to communicate assertively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Contact suppliers in order to negotiate contracts for certain services, goods and bulk raw materials
- Ensure the timely delivery of goods so that business operations can flow optimally
- Develop timelines for the delivery of items, so that production or special projects can proceed as smooth as possible
- Implement storage procedures, such as shelf-life, for certain inventory items to make sure our stock is kept in optimal condition
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with our vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate with vendors to maintain a clear overview of all product and delivery schedules
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage the availability of our products, develop purchase orders, and manage our communication with vendors / suppliers to coordinate our source materials
- Monitor inventory levels and determine appropriate delivery dates of our products and forecast order requirements
- Maintain clear records of your activities, resolve delivery issues and prepare our products for shipment
- Monitor and develop supplier KPIs to ensure consistent and timely delivery of all products
- Maintain records of vendor data and take responsibility for various purchasing activities, such as preparing purchase orders and evaluating accuracy in same
- Conduct vendor research and selection, in order to cut costs and enhance profitability and efficiency
- Track annual spending on the item and category level and implement an annual savings target
- Bachelor’s degree required along with 4-6 years of experience in a related buyer or procurement position
- Experienced in MS Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups) with the ability to implement processes and build Infarm’s supplier database
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Ability to take ownership and work towards tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible personality that thrives in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 19 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.