As a Zoox Sensor Systems Intern, you should be self-driven, organized, and comfortable working in a cross-functional role. We're looking for a student who has industry experience with systems engineering, and is familiar with different sensing modalities.
This role can be done remotely, but depending on the start and end dates of the internship, we will welcome interns to our campus if it is safe to do so. Zoox is taking all precautions necessary and complying with regulations to ensure the safety of our employees in the midst of the pandemic.
- Currently working towards a degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering V-Model
- Familiarity with technical requirements definition and verification & validation methods
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Experience building dashboards and/or generating actionable reports
- Knowledge of sensors and sensing technology (automotive or otherwise)
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Work with sensor module and perception engineers to analyze sensor performance, through analysis of real-world driving logs and structured tests
- Develop tools to visualize sensor coverage in 2D and 3D, and validate against requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of requirements traceability, from vehicle level down to sensor module
- Develop tools for tracking/reporting metrics on requirements quality and completeness
- Create training materials and collaborate with sensor module groups to ensure consistency across the team and iterate on requirements where needed
- Review design validation test cases and establish links to requirements
- Identify disconnects and gaps for process and workflow improvement
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.