Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our growing team as Counsel, Product & Transactions. You will advise on a variety of corporate legal issues at one of the fastest growing startups in history. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a foundational member of the Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Review products and initiatives to advise business partners on a range of laws, regulations, and industry best practices, with a focus on privacy, data use and security, consumer protection, content/media, durable and digital consumer goods, product liability, and intellectual property laws.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, including data licensing agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, supply and services agreements, and software licensing agreements.
- Provide legal guidance to internal teams on commercial matters that affect the company, with an eye towards how it impacts the company globally.
- Work effectively across business units and internal functions to resolve complex business and risk management issues.
- Implement and maintain a contract management system, including building a template library, playbooks, and other tools to scale the legal product and transactions functions.
- Manage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one state.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown and the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth and multi-disciplinary scope.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of fun and motivated coworkers.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.