StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
The Manager, Engineering Services will lead projects for customized analytics for our customers, as well as manage the engineering team responsible for the projects. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead technical projects for customized analytics for our customers, that involve a mix of data engineering, data science and visualizations
- Collaborate with Sales and Solution Engineering to define requirements, implementation approach, effort estimates and statements of work (SOWs) for custom projects
- Collaborate with the Services team to define the delivery timeline, and deliver custom projects on schedule, including tracking of status, technical design and implementation
- Manage the Custom Engineering team, and provide mentorship on technical design, coding, communication, etc. Hire new team members as needed
- Locate & manage an outsourced team of engineers to augment the Custom Engineering team, allowing for scale-up / scale-down of resources for delivering custom projects
- Participate in customer calls in a technical capacity, including meetings for kickoff, status updates, and final signoff
- Be hands-on on projects as required, such as doing feasibility checks, implementations and QA
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or an Engineering discipline from a top university
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager (ideally for a team of back-end engineers)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred), and good understanding of relational concepts
- Strong understanding of algorithms, and expertise in at least one programming language, such as Python or Java
- Good project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects with different and overlapping schedules
- Good communication skills - written, visual (presentations), and verbal
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
- Experience in data science, machine learning and/or statistics, is a plus
- Geo-spatial skills are a plus
- Knowledge of transportation data / industry is a plus
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.