Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role:At Imperfect, our Product Design team exists to make grocery shopping a joy again. We imagine ways to take the chore out of meal planning, spend less time shopping, and get the most out of what we buy. We know that food means more than just ingredients: it’s the dish that transports us from where we are, a moment to connect with our loved ones, and comfort after a long day. It can also be a choice: to shop consciously for a better planet.We’re looking for a Design Leader to help shape the digital experience for our customers, as well as the internal tools that serve them. You will work closely with leadership to define product strategy and vision, inspiring and growing a team of designers to create meaningful experiences that fit easily into our customer’s lifestyle. We’re seeking a passionate and creative leader who’s excited to help create a better food system for how we feed ourselves and our families.
- Manage and develop a team of product designers, including allocating to projects and setting clear goals for success
- Give feedback in regular design critiques and coach the team through design and UX decisions
- Partner with Product leadership to create a compelling product vision and strategy, and help apply that strategy throughout decisions with the team
- Build a strong relationship and understanding with our Brand team to ensure that our brand voice is represented consistently throughout everything we do
- Set a high bar for execution, quality, communication, and ownership on the team
- Keep your team moving efficiently by standardizing the design feedback process and forging connections with other teams
- Ensure deadlines are met and set up team members for overall success
- 6+ years of experience in digital product design, with 2+ years of people leadership experience managing product designers
- Experience with building, hiring and mentoring high performing teams
- You have a transparent, candid and constructive approach to feedback with a keen ability to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Track record of delivering business impact, and can speak to design decisions that drive meaningful product value
- Strong understanding of how engineering, analytics, and user research intersects with design
- You have a portfolio of relevant design work, performed by you and teams you’ve led, that demonstrates ability to create products that people love
- Empathetic - you model a human-centered approach to design that’s inquisitive and thoughtful
- Articulate - from timely feedback to design rationale, you communicate swiftly and effectively to the appropriate audience
- Bold - you push teams to explore new thinking and expand their interpretation of what design can do
- Adaptable - you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, incorporating new information as you learn constantly
Details of the Position:
- Position reports to VP of Product
- Based out of the SF Bay Area
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.