Indigo has a number of open roles for software engineers to build the transportation platform we use for moving grain after purchase on the marketplace. Software engineering tasks range from modeling a trucking workflow, database administration, to writing API contracts supporting internal and external customer consumption across a network of tens of thousands of carriers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping live API code to customers (not necessarily related to logistics or shipping)
- Having built the wrong system enough times to avoid the common pitfalls, whether building something personally or advising others
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
You might be a good fit if you:
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Are self-directed and enjoy designing great APIs and abstractions
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail-oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus getting it exactly right
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
In this role, you will work on a team with a mix of UI and mobile developers towards a common goal.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan