We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you’ll align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll focus on ensuring our AV engineers (your internal customers) have the tools they need to write high quality software, as productively as possible. At Cruise our engineers face challenges that are unique to the AV industry and, as the product manager for the AV developer experience, you’ll lead the delivery of equally unique solutions.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager in Cruise’s Infrastructure department, you’ll work cross-functionally with engineers, other product managers, and program management to build out a roadmap to realize your vision. You’ll keep teams focused on what is most important for the company; setting priorities, defining requirements, and ensuring delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing deep intuition and empathy for the challenges of our AI and robotics engineering teams, identifying pain points and areas of opportunity for improving their core engineering workflows.
- Act as the single interface across many functions and teams as Cruise, ensuring their needs are being addressed through delivery roadmaps and architecture design
- Ensure engineering managers have complete requirements in order to deliver on required initiatives
- Managing the full product lifecycle from initial vision through delivery of value to targeted customers
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you must have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Strong soft skills typically required as a consultative partner (active listening, influencing, challenging the status quo)
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity, and a strong passion to create lasting solutions to solve key business problems
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users and partners
- Experience working on development tools and platforms (e.g. APIs, development toolchains, etc)
- Technical depth required to understand and improve development workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or “big 3” consulting work experience
- Product management experience where your customers were internal.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.