Who we are ?
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager who will join our Sales and Strategic Growth team in the US, which is a client-centric, driven and results-oriented group focusing on enabling sales with strong understanding of the utility business perspective and driving the strategic growth by delivering exceptional end-to-end business and technical solutions to Opus One’s customers and partners in the energy market.
Reporting to Chief of Strategic Growth, Technical Sales Manager works truly in a cross-functional capacity: working closely with our partners, US and Canada Account Managers, Commercial Operations team, Marketing and Communications team, Product Management team, Research and Development team and Professional Services team.
Who are you?
As the Technical Sales Manager, you understand the utility challenges and opportunities at an operational and a regulatory level with the flexibility to undertake technical and functional analysis while focusing on client management and quality of services.
You can empathize with customers, convey the strategic value of deploying Opus One’s enterprise level software solutions and construct a powerful and attractive offer to meet customers’ needs. You think strategically while having a sharp focus on revenue generation. You provide timely feedback to Account Managers and Product Managers on client’s requirements and present high-level summaries to C-suite.
W hat will our new Technical Sales Manager work on?
- Identify and qualify new leads / opportunities and actively nurture relationships with existing and prospective client accounts
- Consult with customers and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the required applications (e.g. provide GridOS product-line overview, conducting product demonstrations etc.)
- Understand and document the technical/process/policy/regulatory-related challenges customers face and identify appropriate and suitable use cases and Opus One solution offerings addressing their challenges directly
- Articulate new customer requirements, existing trends, and issues to the Product Management team for analysis (e.g. user stories, capabilities, functional/non-functional requirements, roadmap etc.)
- Definition and assessment of value-added technology-enabled services leveraging GridOS Platform
- Work with Account Managers to meet customer needs and deliver proposals and bids on time
- Work with Proposal Manager for RFP/RFQ/Government Programs by providing technical input
- Identify any proposal-related Product Development scope outside of the current roadmap and flag with Product Management team for analysis
Marketing and Communication Support
- Work with Marketing Manager on marketing material by contributing with information towards the technical aspects of customer-facing marketing campaigns by monitoring competitive products, identifying use cases and channeling market response and feedback
- Support Product Marketing efforts collaborating with the Product Management team.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Develop and maintain a library of continuously updated “customer-ready” presentations at multiple technical levels for use during pre-sales engagements
- Internal knowledge transfer and communication of technical insights from the customer
- Provide feedback to US, Canada and International Account Managers, Product Management and Research and Development teams regarding customer feedback, product bugs and quality defects
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You hold a BS/MSc in Engineering degree with a focus on Power Systems or relevant experience.
- The experience. You have strong utility industry knowledge with combination of technical sales and technical writing experience in the energy market.
- The knowledge. You are highly familiar with emerging energy industry trends, regulations and implications on utility customers in the area of DER management, microgrids, distribution planning, SCADA and asset management.
- Client management. You attract new clients and expand existing relationships internally and externally by articulating the strategic and technical value of GridOS platform.
- The e xcellence. You get things done on-time and within the project deadlines.
- The t eamwork. You are self-motivated collaborator that can also work as a successful independent researcher.
- The communication. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and provide high-level summaries of the solution to the C-suite.
- The innovation. You have the ability to anticipate problems and provide strategic, creative, quick reliable and scalable solutions to complex problems.
Nice to have:
- MBA or equivalent consulting experience
- PE certification
Why join Opus One Solutions?
We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world. Recognized by Red Herring as one of North America’s top 100 private technologies and a top 100 global cleantech company for three years running, Opus One is leaving its mark in North America, Europe and Asia with exciting grid modernization projects with leading utility companies that are helping the world become more sustainable.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.