Bulb is the UK's fastest growing energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Founded in 2015, Bulb's mission is to help its members reduce their bills and their carbon impact.
We were the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and are included in LinkedIn’s 2018 list of the top 25 UK tech startups to work for. Bulb is a Living Wage Employer and a certified B Corp, working to demonstrate how business can be a force for good.
What you’ll do at Bulb
Working across Bulb’s product teams and reporting to the Head of Data Science and Analytics you’ll take ownership for Bulb’s analytics function, making sure that Bulb’s Data Win’s value is in evidence across the company.
- Growing a team of analysts across pods, scaling our Analytics function
- Continuing building Bulb’s self-service data platform
- Analysing data and presenting insights to answer important business questions
- Working closely with other teams senior leadership, to define, develop and improve KPIs
- Building dashboards to communicate data across Bulb and to third parties
- Running statistical experiments to optimise Bulb’s Business
- Running training to help Data win
- Collaborating with the Data Science team to scope and prioritise projects
- Have strong SQL skills - able to manipulate, analyse and model large volumes of data with a high level of accuracy
- Experience with one or more of Python, R, Looker, Tableau, Mode
- Be a smart, strategic thinker who is great at solving problems (not just ones that involve numbers!)
- Have great communication skills and confident working with stakeholders across the business including senior management
- Be able to prioritise a long list of requests into a work plan and manage expectations accordingly
- Have at least 3-5 years experience working with data in a fast-paced company
- Be a team player: you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy either driving your own project or supporting team members with theirs
- Have an ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, but question whether we've asked you the right question or if it could be done a better way
- Have a can-do attitude: Bulb is a fast-paced environment, you need to be resilient and calm under pressure
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary and share options. We all own a bit of Bulb.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare and life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme; activities to improve your mental & physical well being, including office yoga and meditation; monthly team socials
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Free breakfast on Mondays