At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Documentation Manager to join our Engineering Team to own the design controls process and drive engagement across the Engineering, Design and Product Development teams. This position manages the document control function to ensure that processes comply with internal procedures, as well as contractual and regulatory requirements.
The person will interact with various departments as well as our contract manufacturers to create documentation accuracy, bills of material, part and assembly revisions, etc.
This position will report to the Manager of Hardware Engineering.
- Maintain the flow of electronic controlled documents and associated resource materials, including version control and release cycles for an international product line
- Create a system for electronic controlled documents and associated resources and act as the system administrator with our PLM software (Arena)
- Create, edit, and maintain electronic and written communication
- Review incoming documents, artwork, and collateral for completeness and accuracy using the best industry standard practices
- Set up a working ECR process with our CM and Suppliers for changes to the Production build
- Process BOMs, ECOs, ECRs, MCOs, and Deviations
- Implement an Agile Quality Module
- Create a Document Control Department, that includes part numbering, revision and version control
- 5+ years experience using PLM, along with in-depth knowledge with respect to engineering change orders, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be capable of prioritizing workload and coordinating with people to ensure timely release of critical documents
- Ability to collaborate closely with other functional areas and drive key executive decisions related to PLM
- Experience in lean startups AND large corporations preferred
- Fascinated by green technologies
- Passionate about the Electric Vehicles and renewable energy