We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager in AV Acceleration, you will be building high-impact tools designed to accelerate the rate of AV software development. The products you will manage help Cruisers find interesting road events, analyze drive and simulation performance, release new software to our fleet of autonomous vehicles and understand the company’s topline metrics.
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and compassion for the user
- Develop and implement an impact-driven product roadmap in close collaboration with engineering, technical customers, end users and senior leadership
- Roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of defining product requirements to bridge the gap between concept and execution
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, using clearly defined success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate priorities and roadmaps clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences, building trust with internal customers and executives alike
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, design, research, and technical program management
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A demonstrated track record of formulating and driving product vision, owning the narrative and evangelizing your product(s)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with fast-moving technology products or in demanding environments like management consulting, corporate development or entrepreneurship
- 3+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in science, engineering or math
- A deep understanding and empathy for users
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, consistently ready to contribute
- An expert disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- An MBA or equivalent work experience that demands strong business acumen
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.