Evergreen seeks a full-time policy fellow to support policy development to build bold, detailed policies to decarbonize our economy and transition to 100% renewable energy. The primary responsibilities will include conducting policy analysis on existing legislation, analysis of executive branch action, assisting in stakeholder outreach, and preparing policy recommendations. The ideal candidate will have strong policy research and analysis skills and familiarity with federal climate policy. The position is paid and will run through December 31st, 2020.
Responsibilities and Tasks
● Provide research and policy development support for Evergreen policy products
● Draft multipurpose policy content for digital and press team
● Research existing and new legislation as it relates to Evergreen policy priorities
● All New Venture Fund employees are required to keep time sheets
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● Experience working in government, non-profit or campaign setting is preferred
● Excellent research and writing skills
● Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, under tight deadlines
● Highly organized and attentive to detail
● Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see them through to completion
● Familiarity with federal climate policy and/or Hill experience is preferred
About Evergreen Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The next president and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Hiring Statement Evergreen is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working