Join a talented, passionate team in Amsterdam united behind a big vision to help humanity and the planet!
Overstory is looking for a passionate, adaptable team player to help our recently Seed funded business grow and thrive. As part of a small but dedicated team you’ll help us tell our story to customers, influence our product direction and be involved in all aspects of launching our business. Together we will launch a rocket ship that will help the world’s organisations better manage and look after its natural resources.
What you’ll do
As our first Senior Product Designer, you lead the way in designing our product and dashboard that our customers use to get better insights in forest fire risks, deforestation, and forest-related climate risks. That means leading the way in designing every aspect of the UX, from how it looks to how it functions.
What you'll be working on:
- Liaising with the Product Owner to gather key insights that you can transform into features and improvements
- Drive engineering (product and science) towards shippable solutions to a given problem and work towards a clear proposal through multiple iterations.
- Conducting user interviews and user research to uncover needs and validate existing implementations
- Provide high-quality mockups and prototypes
- Continuously validate the user experience of shipped solutions and look for low-effort improvements with the highest impact
- Work closely with the founders and tech team to make sure that our customers are happy and that we build products that our customers need.
What we are looking for
You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products/features over the years and are equally skilled at interaction and visual design; bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- 6+ years of experience designing and delivering user-centred, consumer experiences
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing for a for a Start-up, Seed or Series-A company
- Driven to move fast, be decisive and deliver world-class user experiences
- Exceptional communication skills in a fast-paced environment (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning)
- You have an aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have a meaningful impact.
What you get
- Be a part of something meaningful as we look to reduce forest fires, manage and reverse deforestation as well as shine a light on the world’s ecosystems and cities.
- As one of the early hires in this company you will get generous stock options and competitive salary.
- The chance to really build something from scratch and put your mark on it. The future of the sales of our company is in your hands.
- Freedom and responsibility like you couldn’t believe. Your business will only move forward because of you so you can claim glory but actions, accountability and responsibility are on you.
- You will be surrounded by an awesome, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance and respect.
With Overstory we are on a mission to stop deforestation, forest fires, crop failures and overall make our planet more green and liveable, both for our generation, and the coming ones. We’re looking for people that are passionate and want to help us achieve our mission, together. A genuine desire for a more sustainable environment is a must.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion with regards to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, education, disability, disciplines and skillsets. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem. We want our team to feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and to sharing their most creative (and sometimes crazy!) ideas.