Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
We’re looking for customer-obsessed product people who are dedicated to bringing the voice of our customers to every outcome. Our job is to guide the organization to solve complex problems with simple, useful, and delightful experiences.
Aurora product managers are outcome-focused and believe that product is not about outputting features; instead, we relentlessly solve for the jobs customers need to get done while growing our business. Success means defining the strategy and metrics that demonstrate customer and business impact, and working with the team to drive those metrics with quality products.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Set the vision, strategy and product roadmap for your teams
- Prioritize and ship quality experiences that add customer value and deliver business results
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from customers
- Validate opportunities and mitigate risks upfront through qualitative and quantitative research
- Deliver the best solutions to customer problems using an agile approach
- Partner with engineering to define scope, requirements, and timeline for deliverables
- Work collaboratively within your product, design, and broader Aurora team to define and execute the plan
- Evangelize customer needs, problems, and feedback throughout the organization
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure outcomes and iterate until goals are met
What we value:
- 5+ years of product management experience, shipping products that drove business-level success
- Directing B2B SaaS products for Enterprise customers
- Management of highly technical products or API product offerings for software developer users
- Launching products based on Machine Learning technology
- Big thinker: must have a strong product vision and business instincts, with experience authoring and executing strategy for a new product offering
- Proven leader: able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone and influence company management
- Outcome-oriented: articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Rigorous: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and connects the dots from strategy to execution
- Customer-driven: Deeply appreciates customers and helping them succeed
- Excellent communicator
- Technical degree and/or hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Bonus: MBA or relevant business-wide experience
- Bonus: Design background or proficiency
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.