Form Energy is a small team of passionate people committed to helping the world transition to a 100% renewable energy electric grid with new technology. We are developing a new class of ultra low cost, long duration energy storage systems which will make renewable energy fully dispatchable year-round and scalable worldwide. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category leading investors including ENI Next, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine and Prelude Ventures. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough problems that can only be solved with a combination of technical innovation, hard work, and joy. We are looking for diverse, world-class talent to help us change the way the world uses energy. Role Description
We are looking for a software engineering leader who will define the architecture and manage the back-end, front-end, dev-ops and quality assurance engineering to deliver scalable and elegant solutions for Form Energy three main software products catering to external and internal stakeholders: 1. Formware Fundamentals, a next generation suite of capacity expansion planning and decision support tools designed for planners envisioning deeply decarbonized grids; 2. Formware Q-Ops, a next generation real-time dispatch intelligence for advanced renewables and storage projects; and 3. Storage plant data pipelines and analytics. This role will work closely with the executive team, the data science and R&D leaders and the business development and analytics leaders to define product roadmaps and take new feature requests and prototyped models from concept to implementation in production software. A successful candidate will help foster a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture in a critical function at the heart of our company and will mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential. A successful candidate will contribute their knowledge and expertise and be curious and excited about learning from other team members. A successful candidate will be experienced with Python, web development, and database management and able and excited to act as an individual contributor in designing and building elements of our software solutions.
What you'll do
- Define the architecture of Form Energy software products, including Formware configuration and real-time control software and hardware data pipelines and analytics.
- Recruit and manage a core team of talented, diverse and passionate software development, dev-ops and quality assurance engineers.
- Contribute first-hand to the development of elements of our software solutions.
- Work closely with the executive team, the data science and R&D leaders and the business development and analytics leaders to define product roadmaps and take new feature requests and prototyped models from concept to implementation in production software.
- Be responsible for Form Energy production software and software operations.
- Help establish best software engineering practices and tools.
- Champion a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture.
- Mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a software engineering leadership role.
- Proven track record of architecting and delivering scalable and elegant production software solutions. Current software design and coding proficiency in a variety of software languages. Python is a must.
- An experienced manager and mentor.A generous team player.
- Passionate about contributing own knowledge and expertise to enrich the team; curious and excited about learning from other team members areas of expertise.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other leaders in the organization.
- Passion about hard but meaningful challenges, in particular energy systems decarbonization.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Enjoys the fast-paced, results-driven environment of a startup.
- Works well in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Makes data-driven decisions.
- Has excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Can relate with all levels of the organization.
- Recruits, nourishes and retains a core team of diverse, talented professionals.
- Drives projects to completion.
- Gives high attention to detail.
- Sets own scope and follows through.
- Has a flexible working style: Can “wear many hats” and step into individual contributor roles, when necessary.