We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for two Directors and one Principal Engineer
- Supporting a recursive team size of ~140 people and with a heavy influx of requests
- Handle multiple requests for your executives’ time, utilizing strong judgment in managing priority of requests, escalating as necessary for resolution
- Manage/assist with team meetings, team calendars, and team Slack channels
- Help support cross-functional alignment within the Cruise organization
- Understand the priorities and objectives of your Leaders
- Act as a team point person: handle team requests, problem-solve, and assist with keeping the team on-track and organized
- Help create and maintain communication within the team and broader org
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Manage and track team budgets, as well as expenses reimbursements for Executive
- Help drive recruitment and hiring as-needed (scheduling & process support)
- Point person to assist with team requests and problem-solve, helping to keep the team on track and organized
- Be a culture-contributor: track, highlight, and celebrate important team cultural/career moments such as birthdays and work anniversaries
What you must have:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role or function
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can take a task and run with it
- Acute attention to detail
- Proactive and helping to anticipate problems and/or needs
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings
- Strong knowledge of G Suite, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Experience working with Engineering teams
- Project management experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.