Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are currently seeking a manager of Embedded Software Engineering. This position requires an experienced manager to lead, manage, and grow engineering teams. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and grow a talented team of embedded software developers and controls engineers within the Powertrain Software organization
- Ensure teams deliver high quality production code that is safe, well architected, fast, reliable, and testable
- Work with other engineering managers and technical Leads to set and communicate technical direction and product strategies while anticipating strategic and scaling challenges.
- Work with teams across Lucid Motors to foster a collaborative culture of testing, safety, and quality
- Work with other engineering managers to ensure reliable and up-to-date documentation
- Work with your team, technical program managers and external stakeholders to plan, prioritize and execute against an engineering roadmap
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth in a technical or managerial direction
- 7+ years experience managing teams who have shipped and support production systems
- 10+ years experience as a (controls) software engineer delivering results for safety and performance critical embedded projects
- Deep understanding of vehicle electronics
- Build a high-performance team, implement best practices, and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship
- Facilitate analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex technical and organizational problems
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience managing multiple teams and initiatives in a mission-critical and fast-paced engineering organization
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Experience in the automotive domain
- Experience building or managing performance and safety critical systems or similar
- Experience with ISO-26262 or comparable safety standards
- Exposure to model-based controls development
- Exposure to the AUTOSAR standard
- Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.