Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry.About You
You are a strong operational executor with deep knowledge of Convoy’s processes, tools, and culture who can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as a key member of a growing team. In partnership with sales and operations teams, the operations specialist acts as customer support, training partner, problem solver and quality control. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done.Available shifts
: Overnight night: Wednesday night-Sunday morning, 9:30pm-8:00am ESTDay shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm ESTWeekend shift: Wednesday- Sunday, 8:00am-5:00pm EST
- Provide excellent phone, sms, and email customer support.
- Monitor shipment progress; using standard process and internal tools to troubleshoot and problem solve within tight deadlines.
- Educate carriers on how to use the product, improve their performance, and grow their business with Convoy.
- Partner with customers, carriers, and internal teams to maintain shipment progress in the face of complex or undefined problems.
- Negotiate with carriers as needed to reach desirable outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Using data to make recommendations on how to improve Convoy processes or tools to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Help test and provide feedback on operational processes for new Convoy programs and customers.
We're looking for someone who has:
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- A love of multi-tasking, with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to remain calm, think on your feet, and exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- A mindset that is team-oriented, helpful, professional, and focused.
- A positive and proactive with a strong work ethic.