As an intern at Zoox, you'll be working alongside with those that architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware and Signal Processing Systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.As an intern on the DSP team you will be working on design and implementation of signal processing algorithms related to radars, depth cameras, audio subsystems and Lidars. You may work on deploying those algorithms on FPGAs. We are looking for curious and highly mathematical minds to work with us.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Python and/or Matlab
- Course work in Digital Signal Processing, Circuits and systems, Optimum filtering, Probability and Statistics, Random Signals and Noise.
- Hands on experience related to digital signal processors and/or algorithm design in one or more areas related to radar, lidar, depth cameras, audio or other signal processing related fields.
- Hands on experience in Vivado, Xilinx IPs and Xilinx IP integrator and Xilinx
- SDK Digital bus experience - e.g. I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB, Ethernet, etc
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.