Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely. As an intern on this team, you should be passionate about developing planning architectures and working on motion planning algorithms for dynamic environments. We're looking for someone who is pursuing an advanced degree and has had experience or exposure to building real-time motion planning / trajectory generation algorithms for robots in uncertain environments.
Our Planning & Controls Team has a number of sub divisions; candidates will be matched with a team that best fits their skill set and interests.
- Currently working towards a M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Fluency in C / C++
- Understanding of configuration spaces and a variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create realtime motion planning algorithms
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.