As an intern on the Closures team, you will have the opportunity to work on the development of the next generation of mobility vehicles. Depending on the time of year you're interning, you will have the opportunity to work on number of different projects including subsystem, system and vehicle level testing; door structures, roof systems, sealing, and the integration of these systems into a brand new vehicle architecture.
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Experience with design in a mechanical setting
- Experience with fabrication and testing
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized
- Experience working in Catia or equivalent 3D CAD software
- FSAE/ Baja experience (or equivalent project experience)
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.