We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
Cruise Automation is experiencing phenomenal growth! Recruiting at Cruise is a collaborative partnership with our hiring managers who depend on us as strategic partners throughout the process. We are looking for an experienced senior technical recruiting manager with experience in AV and robotics recruiting to lead and mentor a top flight recruiting team and to help scale our technical organizations. Join us and be a part of history in the making!
- Manage and mentor the Robotics (core robotics and embedded systems) technical recruiting team
- Develop strong partnerships with Robotics VP and leadership team
- Ensure team is appropriately meeting hiring needs for the business
- Apply, measure, and consistently improve metrics on monthly/quarterly individual hiring objectives
- Be accountable for overall team goals in line with industry benchmarks
- Run regular team syncs, diagnose, unblock and resolve issues, meet the teams’ needs in order to be successful
- Innovate on sourcing and recruiting strategies, recommending process adjustments, new tools and best practices
- Meet with and coach hiring managers with sourcing, referrals, offer details, closing, and help your team do the same
- Seek and maintain a thorough understanding of our engineering teams’ technical requirements, acknowledging qualitative as well as quantitative hiring needs
- Be keenly aware of industry trends and competitive landscape, recommending involvement in relevant tech communities
- Ensure timely information and data integrity in our tracking systems
What you must have:
- Significant technical recruiting experience in startups or large firms competing with relevant technology
- Recruiting experience in robotics technologies
- “Talent Magnet” - track record of hiring/building strong recruiting teams
- 8+ years managing and/or mentoring recruiting professionals including managers, recruiters, sourcing staff, and recruiting coordinators
- Proven track record of identifying and closing difficult to attract candidates
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing
- Experience working closely with engineering/technical leadership
- Data driven, with experience in strategic planning, diagnosing pipeline health and funnel conversion rates
- Ability to implement process to measure recruiting metrics
- Track record of exceptional follow-through, detail orientation, resolve, and able to work well in a fast growing and ever-changing environment
- Excellent communicator, able to apply tact and diplomacy in all situations
- Solid presentation skills, able to leverage data to influence decision making
- Proficient with recruiting tools, systems, ATS
- Genuinely passionate and curious about technology as well as the self driving car industry
- Familiarity with Greenhouse ATS
- Experience within the AV industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.