Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
This Broker manager role is a key member of our Channel Sales team and will oversee theperformance of our foodservice brokers network. This position requires an ability to motivateand enable an indirect sales team to achieve their aggressive growth targets. This role willreport to the Head of Channel Sales in our US Foodservice Sales organization.
- Liaise between Impossible Foods and our brokers - both at the national and local office levels
- Evaluate each broker office against KPI’s and metrics and report on broker progress (including wins, gaps, and non-performance)
- Ensure broker reps are positively representing Impossible Foods in all sales-related activities (distributor trainings, distributor trade shows, operator cuttings)
- Effectively manage administrative responsibilities which include information requests, competitive intelligence, results tracking and analysis, expense reports and deduction management, etc.
- Oversee training and development (involving additional IF resources as needed) for all broker offices on a regular basis
- Challenge broker thinking to drive "outside the box" ideas that capitalize on business opportunities
- Lead the development of a broker strategy, which includes looking at the broker network with a critical view to determine if broker relationship is yielding strong sales results for Impossible Foods
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- 6+ years of foodservice sales-related experience
- Experience managing a broker network or another third party seller relationship.
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission.
- The ability to think creatively and critically, can quickly learn new concepts and seeks to resolve complex problems
- The ability to be a structured and organized thinker who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction; attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
- A growth mindset - you are curious, seek help from others, openly accept feedback, and capitalize on setbacks to move forward more effectively.
- A bias towards action - you have an entrepreneurial mindset, can make and own decisions, and you adopt our “Blast Ahead” mentality of grit, action, and perseverance.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, MarComms, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Ability to travel more than 40% of the time
- *Role is located in RWC/Chicago/Remote