Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role
To build a better food system, we make conscious grocery shopping as effortless as subscribing to your favorite magazine. And we believe fresh groceries with a mission should be available to everyone. We also know that choosing what to feed your family is an incredibly personal decision. Busy shoppers navigate the trade-offs between convenience, price, and sustainability on a weekly basis. Your job will be to show them they don’t have to.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader who will relish solving these problems and more. As the Product Manager owning the new customer experience, you will think deeply on how consumers buy food - from signup to setting up a new customer for success during onboarding. You will have the unique opportunity to craft a product roadmap for a large part of the business as well as influence product strategy, process, and culture. Product at Imperfect is a small but growing team who works cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Design, User Research, and stakeholder partners to achieve Imperfect’s vision of eliminating food waste and building a better food system.
- Research and planning: identify the wide-ranging implications for each product feature and problem-solve across the entire organization. Anticipate problems before they impact teams.
- Design: define features and functionality based on feedback and research. Work with Designers and User Research to rapidly prototype ideas and qualify with our amazing engineering team.
- Implement and test: thoughtfully narrow down to MVPs that create customer value and gain insights with the least amount of effort.
- Release: see through execution and launch.
- Measure: analyze the impact of your experiments, and be prepared to present recommendations for path forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of delivering winning features from inception through launch
- Ability to influence and inspire your team by storytelling the problems to solve and presenting a vision for what you want to achieve
- Establishing baselines, setting SMART goals, and measuring success is second nature to you
- Technical fluency across the whole stack -- you can keep up with engineering discussions, even though you also know what you don’t know
- Previous experience working directly with a consumer product
- Bonus points:
- Previous professional experience in growth, design, or engineering
- Experience working on consumer product with offline components
- Experience working with real-world logistics
- Cool as a cucumber - you prefer thinking over reacting
- Hyper-organized - in your thoughts and how you communicate
- Doer - you like ideas, but you like execution even better
- Customer focused and data-informed
- Curious, hardworking, and positive
- Personally aligned with our mission to eliminate food waste
Details of Position:
- Position reports to VP of Product.
- Based out of our warehouse-turned-office in the SF Bay Area.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.