Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Crunchbase: https://news.crunchbase.com/news/scoop-raises-60m-for-corporate-carpooling-as-gridlock-ruins-america/Customer Engineering @ Scoop
At Scoop, we bring commuters together in carpools they’ll love by partnering with their employers across the country. While our team members’ responsibilities are diverse, we are united in our drive to impact the quality of life in our communities, and equally driven to invest in each other’s growth.
The Customer Engineering Team’s mission is to give Scoop customers visibility and control over their Scoop carpooling program. We are seeking a Front End Engineer to collaborate with Backend, Product, and UX teams to build reports, charts, metrics, and tooling solutions -- then delivering those details and insights straight to our customers via a Customer Dashboard.
In this role, you will:
- Develop high-quality tools that allow customers to visualize and measure their metrics, key data points, and performance
- Work on React, hooks, and Jest while having the chance to use inline styling and build with webpack
- Work with talented cross-functional teams (Product, UX Analytics, and Infrastructure)
We are looking for someone who:
- Cares about user experience, accessibility, and efficiency
- Cares about the quality of your code and promote overall codebase health
- Has a high attention to detail
- Is able to communicate effectively, deliver, and take feedback, in addition to shaping engineering best practices
- Is able to troubleshoot and problem solve, while also having a desire to learn and collaborate with team members to identify innovative solutions
You should have:
- Experience with integration and unit testing
- Knowledge working with semantic HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
You might also have:
Life @ Scoop
- Analytics tracking experience
- Product development experience, working with UX, product, analytics
- Design empathy or previous design experience
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered - starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms - blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks, and fast thinking.
This spirit also plays out in our investments in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). In 2019, Scoop established a DEI Committee with a mission reflective of our belief that energy is contagious and being considerate of others is core to how we operate at Scoop. We’re dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all employees feel safe, respected, and a sense of belonging. Our initiatives over the past year have included: offering education on mental health opportunities in the workplace, formalizing Employee Resource Groups, and improving our candidate pool and hiring processes. These efforts have not gone unnoticed; Scoop has been externally recognized for both our leadership and commitment to diversity
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work - and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.