Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role:
At Imperfect, our Product Design team exists to make grocery shopping a joy again. We imagine ways to take the chore out of meal planning, spend less time shopping, and get the most out of what we buy. We know that food means more than just ingredients: it’s the dish that transports us from where we are, a moment to connect with our loved ones, and comfort after a long day. It can also be a choice: to shop consciously for a better planet.
We are looking for a passionate, creative Product Designer to join our team and help turn our mission into a reality by designing end-to-end experiences for the 400,000 customers (and growing!) that use Imperfect. Your audience will be new and loyal shoppers - as well as the Merchandisers, Dispatchers, and Warehouse Operations who use the internal tools that drive various functions. We are a small but growing team, where you will have the unique opportunity to own design execution for a large part of the business as well as influence product strategy, process, and culture. You’ll work closely with Product, User Research, and Engineering to bring your ideas to life.
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity, to shipping features to end users
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, often with customers, to validate product directions.
- Work within, and help grow, our Design System and Design Principles
- Participate in weekly design critiques, and brainstorms with product leadership
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience designing interfaces that have been used by thousands of customers
- Deep understanding of the product development process, from definition to functional interaction and detailed visual design
- Experience iterating from low-fidelity sketches and workflows to beautiful high-fidelity designs using tools like Figma
- Ability to present ideas and rationale clearly, early and often in a way that invites collaboration and iteration
- Bonus points:
- Experience working on consumer product with offline components
- Experience working with real-world logistics
- Experience with illustration and drawing storyboards
- Customer focused and research-driven
- Curious, hardworking, and positive
- You take action- you like ideas, but you like execution even better
- Inclusive - you recognize the value of soliciting diverse perspectives
- Hyper-organized - in your work and how you communicate
- Personally aligned with our mission to eliminate food waste
Details of Position:
- Position will report to the new Director of Product Design.
- Based out of our warehouse-turned-office in the SF Bay Area.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.