At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand advertising, sponsorships and digital media content. We currently serve most major metropolitan areas - with aggressive growth goals underway.
We seek a Director of Product Marketing to join our Marketing Team to develop go-to-market strategies and drive overall product marketing plans for our Real Estate line of business. In this position, you will become the expert on our Real Estate market, and customer segments we serve within it. You will be a key figure in the organization that cross functional teams turn to for product knowledge and customer insights that drive measurable business results.
In this player-coach role, you will develop strategies that drive profitable demand. You will work closely with leaders across the organization to support sales growth by powerfully communicating our innovative business model and products. As the Director of Product Marketing, you will have the opportunity to drive meaningful change in a high growth company poised to transform the world of electric vehicles.
This position will be based in San Francisco or NYC, and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop Volta’s Product Marketing strategy and programs for the Real Estate segment
- Lead the go-to-market planning for Volta’s suite of products aimed at real estate owners
- Lead Volta’s customer profiling program to identify and segment target customers in the Real Estate line of business
- Map and optimize the customer journey
- Develop pricing, packaging, and promotion strategies
- Define customer requirements and become the voice of the customer within the organization
- Become an expert on Volta’s competitors and their products, and deliver this expertise to the organization
- Oversee the development of product messaging and content across platforms
- Work closely with Product to develop timelines and ensure that the Marketing team is aligned
- Identify marketing opportunities in collaboration with Product to drive high-impact product launches
- Own the product naming architecture and process Partner with Communications to craft Volta’s corporate communications strategy to drive awareness and engagement
- Collaborate with the sales teams to develop compelling presentations, email campaigns, and promotions
- Work closely with Customer Experience to monitor product feedback and improve overall customer satisfaction
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing in the Real Estate sector - expertise in Retail-based real estate a plus
- Proven track record of managing product launches and life cycles
- Exceptional at developing commercially effective customer research and insights programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while operating against tight deadlines
- Record of working effectively with diverse cross-functional teams
- Superb writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to make cogent arguments in support of a business concept
- Experience with the latest marketing tools in generating customer insights and demand (analytics, digital marketing, online surveys, etc.)
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering teams and the ability to translate from customers to engineers (and vice versa)
- Results driven and analytical approach to developing product marketing goals
- Experience with trademarking and working with legal on product features and liability
- Understanding of government regulations and policy making
- Previous participation in relevant trade groups
- Passion for driving change and making this world a better place
- Problem solver with a talent for approaching complex challenges with a positive outlook
- Experience working within a startup and evolving a brand