We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Cruise Lead, Project Delivery leads the program of construction projects for the Cruise portfolio. This role works closely with our transactions, facilities and workplace teams to deliver the program of projects in flight that support our employees and the development of our product. This role requires 10+ years of experience in construction management directly supervising development projects; leading teams in the planning and performance of portfolio and capital planning, project scoping, value engineering, cost estimating, program scheduling, budgeting, permitting and construction, performing quality control, and reconciling projects for project closeout and regulatory compliance. This role reports to the Cruise Global Director of Real Estate and Facilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic, forward-thinking leadership of all real estate design and construction activites including new builds, remodels and critical infrastructure installations and upgrades
- Construction Program Development
- Management of third party project managers and other vendors
- Development and management of reporting and Key Performance Indicators
- Identify innovative opportunities to enhance quality, decrease cost and reduce to complete construction projects
- Establish annual and longer-term operating budget forecast and projections
- Owner’s representative for Cruise
- Coordination with other Cruise Workplace Centers of Excellence to ensure seamless hand-offs from strategy, acquisition, delivery, and operation of sites
- Coordination with Real Estate Management, Workplace Strategy, Security, EH&S and IT to integrate multiple standards and schedules into every project’s delivery
- Development of contracting and procurement strategies based on systematic and programming needs
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external consultants to develop Design Guidelines across all asset types
What you must have:
- Ability to build and lead a world class project delivery team
- Past experience and success working with an outsourced service provider to deliver projects
- Ability to solve and digest complex problems that require both qualitative and quantitative considerations
- Experience with R&D Lab, Heavy Equipment Industrial, Electric Vehicle Charging, Automotive Lab, and Office product types.
- Experience in managing a capital plan and ability to assist with capital planning efforts via cost estimation, benchmarking and industry knowledge
- In coordination with the transactions and legal, experience in creation of work letters
- Experience in a variety of delivery methods (i.e. build to suits, TIs) and procurement methods
- Possess excellent management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Strong project management and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to communicate concepts, procedures, and systems needed clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of employees, manage their success, coach/teach/train them on the requirements of the job, mentor them to be future leaders, and give feedback and corrective action as needed.
- Must have Google Suite skills and deep knowledge of project management applications and technologies
- Ability to travel- +/- 40%
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.