Who Is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Sr. Logistics Associate (Inbound) will report to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for all day to day inbound operations for their designated locations.
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, and monitoring all inbound materials. This position coordinates inbound material discrepancies with the central/regional team to ensure issues are quickly identified, communicated, and resolved for all inbound receiving and production activities. Accountable for providing analytical support to promote operation visibility at all times. Ensures compliance with Bird policies and procedures, proper governance, and other regulatory requirements
- 3+ years of experience with freight forwarding (client/agency side). A natural ability to understand how material moves around the world, to help us establish healthy lead times between your operation and the ones before/after it.
- A general understanding of procurement-operations to help arrange all transportation Ocean/Air once that handoff occurs. The procurement handoff is where you kick-off!
- Ability to plan and organize all transport across multiple vendors, you also thrive with the idea of taking care of all the data administration that comes with it to ensure that all KPI is measured correctly and communicated across all teams - maintaining a dashboard that helps other see your business is your day to day challenge and passion!
- Benchmarking your business is natural to you, there is always a chance to improve or put your desk’s spend into context.
- In addition to the optimal planning, management, and administration of transports of the incoming flow of goods, you organize and supervise the operational activities for the transport orders. You process the customer files, including invoices. You are responsible for the associated transport documents and the correct handling of the administration in the system.
- In this position, it is important that you can switch quickly and always look for the best and fastest result. You will work in a highly dynamic work environment where you must dare to take initiative and are always looking for solutions.
- You are a real team player, you can handle pressure well and you have an eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or relevant field and/or 5+ years of experience
- Medium to advanced computer skills - including Word, PowerPoint, and business management software - and Netsuite (nice have) - we are a startup! Visualizing your own data is part of our culture.
- Ability to drive positive change in both processes, systems, and culture
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up.
- Proven experience with warehousing, and distribution, including transportation management optimization, order management, and distribution network evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication excellent people skills, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
- Excellent analytical skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.