At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
OVERVIEW The Process Engineering team is looking for an outstanding individual to join Beyond Meat at the company’s HQ in El Segundo, CA. The ideal candidate has both strong analytical skills to evaluate market trends and consumer preferences, and strong strategic and creative skills to develop products that match that demand. This is a fast-paced role and requires individuals to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working across company functions with many different people and teams. This a full-time position, reporting to the Packaging Engineer Manager, to design, test, and implement packaging designs that are an integral part of the organization’s Product Development process. They also review and improve existing packaging designs. This individual will work with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals.
- Create, test and implement packaging of new products that meet customer/consumer expectations, cost, and quality
- Specify packaging equipment needs with Process Engineering
- Plan and execute packaging quality improvement and cost reduction for existing products
- Execute R&D packaging projects
- Support operations on packaging based projects and troubleshoot manufacturing problems
- Collaborate with suppliers on packaging materials, formats, and machinery related issues
- BS or MS degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent
- 7- 10 Years of relevant experience in packaging development in Food, R&D, and manufacturing environments
- Packaging Software skills: Cape, Tops, Artios, CAD, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- Willingness to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a cold room environment