The way we heat and cool our homes is antiquated, dirty and dangerous. We take it for granted that we pump fossil fuels into our homes in order to keep them warm. There is a better way. Spun out of Google X, Dandelion has developed a residential geothermal solution that is clean, safe, and affordable to the masses. Dandelion’s proprietary technology, world-class team, and access to capital gives it the advantage to dominate this huge market.
About the Role
The Director/VP of Business Development will be responsible for developing partnerships that help strengthen and expand our already explosive business. Dandelion delivers critical technology to the home, and potential partners include home builders, utilities, banks, as well as additional service providers such as solar installers or home insurers. In this role, you will work closely with our Chief Executive Officer, as well as the rest of our management team, to build momentum for our business through partnerships. A successful applicant will be both able to create momentum through charm and force of will, as well as deep analysis around the potential value of each opportunity.
Develop and execute on our new home strategy
- We believe we have an enormous opportunity in the new home market. Your job will be to develop that opportunity by partnering with new home builders as well as utilities and government agencies to create economics that are a win for everyone.
Improve our financing options
- Our financing solutions are working well for our customers, but we believe that there are better options available, and that we are just beginning to have the scale to access them.
Add to our margin
- We develop a strong connection with the homeowner, and we believe we have the opportunity to monetize that relationship further. We believe there is a tremendous opportunity to expand margins by deepening our relationship with our customers.
Surprise us with your knowledge and creativity
- This is a dynamic space, and there will be opportunities we cannot anticipate. Our Director/VP of BD should be looking over the horizon for new ideas, applying great judgment to evaluate their value and relevance , and creating momentum and deals for the best ones.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience either in Energy, Project Finance, Partnerships, or perhaps all three.
- You have a track record of putting together deals, the more complex the better.
- You have experience in a hyper-growth company, preferably beginning at a relatively early stage.
- You have tremendous business acumen, boosted by a willingness to do the math to make your case.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, and you possess the ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information.
- Experience in a hyper-growth company, preferably beginning at a relatively early stage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, and you achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establishing credibility with stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
- You’ve graduated from a top school, preferably with an MBA or other advanced degree.
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.