Scoop brings co-workers and neighbors together to enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities to create friendships, improve their well-being, and make the most of their valuable time.
Learn more in Crunchbase: https://news.crunchbase.com/news/scoop-raises-60m-for-corporate-carpooling-as-gridlock-ruins-america/Engineering @ Scoop
Few companies get to face such diverse technical challenges as Scoop, and we’ve built a team of people excited to face these challenges together while investing in each others’ growth.
Scoop’s engineering team may move bits and pixels, but we also put real, live human beings in cars together. We’re touching problems academics have written about for years, and have data that no other company has ever collected.
But Scoop knows engineering is not a lone discipline. We’re a small team with varied backgrounds: big companies, VC-backed startups, bootcamps, academia. We like to build together, and we like to learn together. Our entire team and process are built around helping you grow and be successful. And we’d love to tell you more about the impact you could have at Scoop.
In this role, you will:
- Develop engineering processes that help the team thrive
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to align priorities and deliver features
- Work to prioritize feature development and maintain existing features with other team members as appropriate
- Grow the engineering team in partnership with the recruiting team and help set hiring priorities
- Hold regular 1:1s, evaluate performance, and provide consistent productive feedback
- Help engineers learn the skills needed to advance in their career
- Contribute to engineering and company wide initiatives
Life @ Scoop
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated, willing to jump in and actively plug gaps
- Have delivered software features and/or tools that required cross team collaboration
- Have several years experience as an engineering manager
- Genuinely care about people and helping them feel fulfilled in their jobs
Founded in 2015 and based in downtown SF, our team mixes technology and elbow grease every day, with one statistic in our crosshairs: 80% of Americans drive alone to work. At Scoop, we envision a world where commuters feel empowered - starting with a choice to make their commute a meaningful part of their day. We embody that same spirit within our own culture, empowering every team member to make this the most meaningful experience of their career.
The atmosphere overall is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms - blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. It plays out in our balance of scrappy and strategic, frameworks, and fast thinking.
This spirit also plays out in our investments in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). In 2019, Scoop established a DEI Committee with a mission reflective of our belief that energy is contagious and being considerate of others is core to how we operate at Scoop. We’re dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all employees feel safe, respected, and a sense of belonging. Our initiatives over the past year have included: offering education on mental health opportunities in the workplace, formalizing Employee Resource Groups, and improving our candidate pool and hiring processes. These efforts have not gone unnoticed; Scoop has been externally recognized for both our leadership and commitment to diversity
At Scoop, we’re all united by our desire to change the way people get to work - and committed to enjoying the journey together along the way.