We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
In this position, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in using data to drive and influence future programs and decisions for Cruise autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop system requirements, verification/validation strategy and plan, and/or software solutions to complicated problems faced by self-driving vehicles.
- Perform analysis of AV data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence systems engineering requirements development.
- Conduct engineering analyses to develop proposals that continuously improve the systems function and performance. Communicate the analyses to other teams, help prioritize the tasks and drive for implementation.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers to ensure design, implementation, and programs are on track, and regularly drive consensus among diverse stakeholders on technical projects.
- Develop methods to analyze and compare the impact of software changes on relevant performance metrics, translating data and analyses into actionable recommendations.
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria.
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in systems engineering, mechanical engineering, data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines
- Thorough understanding of systems engineering V-diagram, development and validation processes
- Experience working with large datasets, SQL and Python or C++
- Experience working with vehicle collision modelling software
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability operate under ambiguity and adapt to changing environment and requirements
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Critical thinking skills - decide what analyses to conduct, and interpret what the data reveal
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, vehicle development or ADAS development
- Proven track record of successful systems engineering for a product
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.