Location - flexible
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As a member of the People Analytics team you will be the custodian of People data and work with the People Systems and Analytics Senior Manager to own the creation and delivery of the People Analytics team strategy and roadmap. This will include developing business processes via Workday and other technology platforms to enhance the MI and Insight offering for People Data to make a difference to the business.
What will I be doing?
Your main responsibilities will be working alongside the People Services Team to deliver Insight and Analytics on People data, alongside identifying and making recommendations on how to improve data integrity.
- Supporting the People Systems and Analytics Manager to create and deliver the People Analytics roadmap and improve data engagement
- Drive maturity of the People Analytics strategy in line with business objectives
- Maximising Workday reporting capabilities to deliver People Analytics
- Driving strong adoption for self-service, data ownership, and data governance
- Supporting the People Team with the production, design, distribution and streamlining of appropriate and relevant MI
- Transpose complex data into meaningful insight and communicate in a way the business understands
- Partner with the People Team to develop dashboards and a BAU reporting plan using Workday as the primary reporting tool whilst maintaining the Workday reporting suite
- Educate the wider teams and ensure the People Team are able to self-enable their data and MI requirements
- Establish and owning key data mapping between legacy systems and Workday
- Deliver and maintain the People Team’s reporting suite for ad-hoc, regular, and legislative reporting adhering to GDPR rules and regulations
- Regularly audit and measure the integrity of our data to ensure it remains complete and accurate, identifying and improving any areas for concern
- Support other data led projects across Workday and other HR tools, systems and processes
- Provide support to other key functions such as Finance, Payroll, IT with their reporting requirements
- Ensuring Workday releases and upgrades are deployed successfully, supporting the configuration teams with UAT testing and audit requirements
- Keep up to date with new Workday enhancements via the Workday Community to ensure we are leveraging the latest functionality
- Proactively build relationships and positivity with others, working effectively to achieve the best outcome ensuring the needs and perspectives of others are considered
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
Systems & Technical -
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in People Analytics and complex reporting
- 1-2 Years’ experience with Workday report writing and Workday HCM
- Good understanding of Calculated Fields within Workday
- Understanding of Workday security
- Experience with Data Mapping activities between various systems
- Experience working with other HR systems (employee engagement, Learning Management etc)
- IT & IT Systems literate – Microsoft Office Suite, Reporting
- Analytical and numerate
Personal & Communications -
- Strong verbal communications to be able to partner with the business and operate in a team
- Team Player
- Able to transpose data into a story for non-technical people to understand
- Commercial: understanding the business and how data can offer insight to drive change
- Creative and positive, wanting to use data to drive change
- Well organised with the ability to work on own initiative to specific deadlines
- Always thinking about the customer and the end goal, wanting data to be the enabler and not the outcome
- Determination to get our data clean and accurate: not just for today but as an on-going state
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build relationships across communities and with all parts of the network
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and numerical
- Challenging processes and managing stakeholders to continually improve what we are doing and why we are doing it
- Confident facilitating and presenting
- Able to work independently being remotely managed
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!