We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Risk Management to join our team. The emergence of autonomous vehicle technology has the potential to drive meaningful, structural changes within the insurance industry. This role will be at the forefront of that change. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing and managing large scale insurance programs within a corporate environment. We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive insurance strategy for Cruise across all risk types
- Establishing clear accountability for insurance related decision making
- Developing partnerships, operating models, and regulatory approvals to deliver the plan
- Building an amazing team
- Partnering across various internal groups (Legal, Government Affairs, Product, Safety & Operations) to achieve company objectives
- Supporting all new product initiatives
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers, insurers, and consultants
What you must have:
- Strong track record of innovation
- Outstanding leadership skills
- An undergraduate degree in economics, science, engineering, math or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with proven leadership experience
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to unique and challenging problems
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Knowledge of GAAP
- MBA, JD, or Master's degree
- Membership of an insurance based professional body such as CPCU, ARM, etc.
- International insurance experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.