About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a strong affinity for working with and building electrical and mechanical assemblies demonstrating proficiency in reading both mechanical and electrical drawings for both build and debug purposes. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a desire for continuous on-the-job learning are required. Ability to debug problems in complex systems, and follow key instructions.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Repair and rework electronic assemblies
- Test electrical system and boards with a variety of analytical lab equipment (examples: oscilloscopes, power supplies, meters, electrical loads, etc).
- Execute detailed test procedures and accurately record/prepare test results and data analysis.
- Assemble mechanical and electrical test fixtures and setups
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical test equipment
- Work closely with engineers to support project development work.
What You Bring:
- Basic knowledge of electronics.
- Excellent PCB soldering and assembly skills including use of BGA removal/installation equipment (ability to work with very small packages - 0201, QFN, TSSOP...etc.)
- IPC 7711/7721, IPC-A-610 certified for lead and lead free solder
- Basic skills with mechanical tools
- Strong electronics troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with building cable assemblies (wire crimping, splicing, harness building, etc)
- Ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with just enough input from engineering.
- Familiarity with proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
- Impeccable organization skills are required.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- ProfessionalsKnowledge of 5S & Six Sigma lean MFG principles - preferred
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Mastery of electrical assembly (Solder, wire crimp, cable assemblies).
- Knowledge of Altium - preferred
- Experience in recording detailed and accurate assembly procedures
- Experience with collecting large amounts of data, data storage and data manipulation
- Able to effectively contribute to a dynamic and often fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Experience working with batteries.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Competent in using productivity tools
- Experience with RF test and antennas