Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join a team working to bring our scooter and bike fleets into the local community of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The field operations teams are at the center of our strategy to transform urban commuting and help people get where they need to go!
We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create world class customer experiences.
As a leader responsible for fleet health, you will lead a team of specialists to drive performance in your region. You will be an integral part of building new processes and mechanisms as well as driving process execution and efficiency through data-based decisions and analytical problem-solving. Additional duties include coaching and mentoring the team, moving and lifting cycles and scooters up to 40 lbs. Along the way you'll see some of the biggest smiles as people try our scooters for the first time.
What You'll Do
- Leading a team ranging from 4 to 20 specialists
- Triage data, customer service complaints, and supply/demand into efficient routes and dispatch actions to be performed by field specialists
- Coordinating the staff schedule
- Analyze and look at data to identify trends and performance improvement opportunities
- Train, measure, and correct the daily performance of operations specialists
- Manage a fleet of rebalancing vans
- Watch over local warehouse & inventory
- Troubleshoot, and fix potential bike issues, or raise issues when necessary
- Communicate the status of local operations to headquarters
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and be comfortable with fast moving change
- Leadership - A natural leader who always strives for excellence, calling out the little details when things aren’t executed correctly
- Multi-tasking skills - Juggling between customer service inquiry or supplying bikes to an event, you’re on it
- University degree preferred
- 2+ years of operations management experience
- Excellent people skills - you can work as intermediary between various groups of people
- Analytical mindset - You use data to understand rider behavior and accurately deploy bikes to serve user needs.
- You constantly test the limit of each assumption we know about operations, and optimize workflows with concrete data evidence
- Pure hustle - Being at a startup company means not everything will go according to plan. You should be a high-energy person who is not afraid of going out into the field, willing to pull the long hours when needed
- Able to work nights and weekends
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.