About DroneSeed:Our mission is simple: make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. That’s where our technology using drone swarms, survey and data collection, and proprietary seed delivery vessels can substantially help to speed up the process. We’re making it scalable by navigating hard terrain, providing labor better tools, and shortening the supply chain from 18-36 months to 30-60 days. We work in post-wildfire environments to plant native trees and vegetation using heavy lift drone swarms. We’ve pioneered seed vessels and tailored them to survive in different ecosystems. Our aerial survey and data collection process allows us to deliver vessels to microsites at the ¼ acre scale and boost survival. We continually integrate rapidly evolving aircraft and hardware technology which enables us to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments. DroneSeed is a Techstars alumni founded in 2016 to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We work with 3 of the 5 largest timber companies in the United States, and are backed by partners like Social Capital, Spero Ventures, the co-founder of DocuSign, and others focused on solving the world’s hardest problems. What you'll be doing:As a Specialist, Sales & Business Development you’ll be supporting the Director of Accounts and the CEO to learn DroneSeed’s sales process, get product feedback, and manage timely back office creation of contract proposals and tasks under direction of DroneSeed team members. In addition, you'll maintain customer account details through various internal systems, manage inbound & outbound contacts particularly for customers affected by forest fires, draft external news letters, and collaborate with our social media team to provide relevant customer content. As this role progresses you'll have the opportunity to manage your own accounts.
- Motivated by organizing of processes.
- Enjoy validation of setting and meeting deadlines for customer tasks with a team.
- Enjoy a role ensuring constant customer communication (written and verbal) .
- Desire to directly support senior executives at the company in completion of sales.
- Enjoy a balance of speaking with external stakeholders 25-50% of time and working on account tasks.
- Curious and inquisitive and able to start conversations easily and learn about people quickly.
- You have a focus on environmentalism and climate change, and a desire to work in a fast paced startup environment.
You have the following skills and experience:
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy so you can take the time off you need. Other Information:Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA.DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and eager to get your foot in the door of a fast paced rapidly growing startup we’d love to speak with you.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer service roles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers orally and in writing via Microsoft Word/Google Docs and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
- Nice to Have: Background in natural resources or forestry.
Ecosystems & Biodiversity
Want us to tweet your job? Please write your organization's twitter username below (just the username, please do not add the '@')