Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers a more natural food supply.
As a Senior Product Manager at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization. We believe that understanding our customers’ problems are critical to helping us prioritize features that lead to a strong roadmap.
In this role as a Product Manager, you will create the tools and features that guide our growers on their journey to regenerative farming via Indigo Carbon. You will balance the complex technical requirements of the carbon credit verification standards with the real human needs of growers making changes to their farming practices.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo and the external community.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning from trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses, and move quickly. We aren’t dogmatic, but we believe in the tenets of agile development. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to help prioritize grower-facing features and improvements and contribute to the short- and long-term vision for your product area
- Influence the product roadmap for the grower-facing Indigo Carbon application
- Collaborate with the design team to perform user research and usability testing to make the best decisions for our users at all stages of the product process
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Understand the downstream uses of the grower’s data and balance ease of use with program necessity
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Coordinate investigations and mitigations when bugs or faulty processes threaten user experience or data quality
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (e.g., roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in, etc.)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution
- Participate in stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product-related teams to ensure alignment across product development processes
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Ability to bring teams along an agile journey
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e., Business, Launch Operations, Science, Design, and Engineering) to provide context about the “why” and visibility into product decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal and external customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication that helps to get design feedback early and often
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of product investments to non-technical stakeholders
- Create clear documentation of features, user flows, and data structures
- Balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations, and technical feasibility for software product area, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Define and gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product area
- Translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course as needed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes and to iterate when needed
- 4+ years Product Management experience
- 6+ years of overall technology experience
- Experience delivering software solutions that delight customers
- Experience working with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment