Joro is a seed-stage startup backed by top VC and angel investors.
Our mission is to empower people to take effective climate action. Our app and community make it possible for anyone to understand and manage their carbon footprint and connect with others to take action that matters. Together, we live lighter.
We are looking for a freelance copywriter to write marketing copy specifically in-app articles, blog posts, and email copy on a monthly basis. The right person for the role is an experienced journalist or copywriter who is adept at explaining complex topics in simple language and passionate about addressing the climate crisis. If this sounds like you, please apply! We're excited to read your work and learn about you.
- Write clear, approachable, insightful copy about climate topics for various mobile and web formats
- Proofread like a pro for grammar, spelling, and crisp writing
- Listen and adapt to feedback from your colleagues and user research
- Channel Joro's voice and values in your writing
- You have a passion for and informed opinion on sustainability and climate change.
- You are collaborative, eager, and anal about good writing. This is fun and dynamic writing that requires an appetite for trying new things and never becoming too attached to the outcome.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional copywriting experience.
- You are hard-working and autonomous. You’ll be creating meaningful work with little supervision.
- You are resilient and dependably optimistic. You are always open to feedback and balance your desire for perfection with a sense of humor and a resilient spirit.
- You are intellectually curious with a diverse perspective. We are particularly interested in cultivating diverse and anti-racist mindsets in our community and in our writing.
Advocacy & Activism
Plant-rich Diet, Carbon Offsets
Want us to tweet your job? Please write your organization's twitter username below (just the username, please do not add the '@')
Mitigation / Adaptation
We are looking for a freelance copywriter to write marketing copy specifically in-app articles, blog posts, and email copy on a monthly basis.