Joro is a seed-stage startup backed by top VC and angel investors.
Our mission is to empower people to take effective climate action. Our app and community make it possible for anyone to understand and manage their carbon footprint and connect with others to take action that matters. Together, we live lighter.
We’re looking for a part-time Social Media Intern to create content for Joro's social media channels. You’ll be empowered to create content for engagement and growth across channels and act as the in-house domain expert on social channel updates, memes, and media trends. The right person for the role is social media savvy and passionate about the environment. You have an informed understanding of the climate crisis. You’re motivated to be part of the solution and have an impact.
- Develop content for social communities on Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, and YouTube, and explore TikTok and other emerging channels.
- Assist in coordinating the editorial calendar as well as some campaigns and special projects.
- Assist in reporting on channels and campaign level performance through analytics tools and Google Analytics.
- You’re available for ~10 hours per week.
- You have a passion for sustainability.
- You have informed opinions on climate change based on news, trends, and experience.
- You have consumer brand experience in marketing and social media.
- You embody our company values and are passionate about Joro’s mission.
- You’re a creative thinker who can engage and inspire an audience, and have a knack for the details that make great social content.
- You have a sense of humor and want to combine that with a knowledge of current trends to create unique social moments.
- You possess a collaborative “Yes, and” attitude.
- You have knowledge of brand tone and voice and copywriting best practices (bonus points for writing courses!).
- You have deep experience with graphic design tools (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, etc.) and some design skills.
- You are social media savvy and fluent in meme and emoji.
- You are intellectually curious with a diverse perspective. We are particularly interested in cultivating diverse and anti-racist mindsets in our community and in our social media.
We’re looking for a part-time Social Media Intern to create content for Joro's social media channels.