Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries globally, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
We are looking for an outstanding lawyer to join our fast-growing team as Employment Counsel, EMEA. The role will advise on and manage a fascinating variety of employment work across EMEA at one of the most dynamic startups in history. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the company’s EMEA Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We are open to this role being based in any European capital.
What You'll Do
- Provide practical legal guidance and support to a variety of diverse teams on a broad range of employment and labor law matters including recruiting, employee relations, performance management, terminations, and internal investigations
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of employment-related agreements, policies and procedures
- Resolve threatened and pre-litigation employment matters
- Monitor and advise on new employment-related developments having a potential impact on the organization
- Ensure that the we are in compliance with all EMEA employment laws and regulations, researching such requirements when necessary
- Collaborate with outside counsel as needed to address specific legal issues
- Travel to offices within the region to advise on and provide training for different employment issues while being available to provide other legal support as needed
- Collaborate effectively across the legal organization and entire company to resolve complex business and risk management issues
Who You Are
- Fully fluent in French
- 5+ years PQE
- Legal experience in an in-house environment particularly in working with or providing advice in relation to multi-jurisdictional projects
- Overall broad legal knowledge of labor/employment law in EU jurisdictions throughout the EMEA region, in particular France and Germany
- Proactive with the ability to deliver quality work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Experience providing practical, commercially-focused advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with the ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, finance and other business units
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload
- A desire to grow and develop your skills with opportunities outside the core function of employment law
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- The ability to utilize your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships across Lime
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences at the intersection of product and operations
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.