Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a gifted Data Engineer to help us design, build, and maintain the data-foundation that powers our warehouse and technologies that are central to Rad’s day-to-day operation, providing critical business value every day.
Our Data Engineer will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between systems, servers, employees and our Rad Riding customers. We are looking for someone who can architect, design and implement data processes that are crucial to Rad’s data-driven decisions. This role reports into our Director of Engineering and is part of a cross-functional Technology department.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role, working with big datasets
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing and operations
- Strong desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to think and solve complex data engineering problems in a maintainable and scalable fashion
- Desire to find new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Desire to embrace documentation creation & maintenance
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with both local & non-local teammates
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Google’s BigQuery
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Power BI or Google’s Data Studio
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops practices with a good understanding of AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure
You get bonus points for:
- Experience working with Shopify’s systems and API
- Experience with cloud-based ERPs and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with GraphQL, BigQuery and Postgres
- Open-source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Developed business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Utilized and built out the data warehouse foundation and set up the pipes for data sources
- Managed the building of data and documentation across company wide systems
- Worked cross functionally with all teams, including Supply Chain, Customer Experience, etc. to capture and report on inventory data
- Evaluated the feasibility and effectiveness of proposed data solutions
- Designed schemas, optimized data transformation, and managed deployments and maintenance of the data pipeline
- Completed end-to-end administration and maintained tools, systems, pipelines and ETLs
- Communicated designs, issues and trade-offs to stakeholders
- Helped develop the foundational data stores that power our internal/external web apps and reporting systems
- Dealt with 3rd party vendors, managing the relationships & troubleshooting high-level issues
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.