Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of engineers, focusing on coaching and managing for success
- Build and deliver scalable, secure and resilient applications and services
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Manage status and visibility of projects across relevant organization scope
- Plan for long term growth, help recruit and develop excellent engineering talent
- Partner with product management, data analytics, operations and engineering leaders to build and deliver roadmap of your team
- Prepare technical system and software design documents supporting implementation
- Lead technical design conversations and implementation of platform services & components
- Define and execute on technical strategy for the team and contribute towards long term growth and product plans
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 4-7 engineers
- Experience guiding a team through development life-cycle
- Expert knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to lead and manage geographically dispersed engineering team
- Strong server side application and services development proficiency using Golang with experience developing with C/C++, Java, Python preferred
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL database technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills using fundamentals of computer science
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- Deep understanding of OOD, Web Services/REST, HTTP and security
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.