CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
CFS has a need for a Staff Accountant to process accounts payable and assist with day to day accounting activities. The successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly within our rapidly evolving organization to help us maintain a timely and accurate financial close process. This job will initially be performed on a remote basis, with occasional visits to the company headquarters in Cambridge, MA when needed and deemed safe to do so. Eventually, this role will be located full-time in Cambridge, MA.
This team member will:
- Drive accounts payable and credit card functions. This includes processing invoices, reviewing data, preparing reconciliations, and responding to vendor inquires.
- Assist with key steps in monthly close process including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Recommend and implement accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and a system of internal controls.
- Help with the ERP implementation and recommend best practices as it relates to accounts payable and the financial close
- Support the annual audit.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 1+ year(s) of staff accountant experience, ideally with job costing and working in a multi-project corporate environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of corporate accounting best practices
- Mid-tier ERP software experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- A problem solver
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal with the ability to represent the company when interacting with vendors
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment a rapid pace of growth and change, self-directed prioritization, and the ability to wear multiple “hats” on a daily basis
- Passionate about our clean energy future
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, and/or Quickbooks would be a plus. We will be updating these systems within the next several months as we implement our ERP, but initially the Staff Accountant will work within these applications.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.