Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? If you’re excited about career growth, group volunteering, and the occasional ping pong after hours, then this is the job for you. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
Nexamp is seeking a Power Engineer to perform engineering and project support tasks for commercial and utility scale photovoltaic systems. This position will be a part of a growing engineering team located in our Boston, MA headquarters office.
- Manage a portfolio of utility interconnection applications from initial submission through project closeout
- Review and analyze utility pre-screen reports, System Impact Studies, and Interconnection Service Agreements
- Lead biweekly utility status calls, maintain utility relationships, and manage utility performance to tariff deadlines
- Coordinate construction requisitions, internal approvals, site visits, final designs, payments, and 3rd party engineering resources for interconnection applications and studies
- Maintain consistent records of each project through the interconnection process
- Design and draft single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, and site layouts for utility Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents
- Create and review shop drawings and designs for switchgear, transformers, reclosers and other major electrical equipment
- Provide technical support to Nexamp development, engineering, procurement, construction, and O&M departments for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction, and asset management phases.
- Develop proficiency in NEC and other applicable state and local codes
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented and a team player. Key qualifications as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- No experience required, 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Strong management, reporting and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- AutoCAD proficiency and working knowledge of AC and DC electrical principles preferred
- Knowledge of medium voltage distribution and transmission systems preferred
- Knowledge of industry standard design codes such as National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry preferred
- EIT or NABCEP Entry Level certification or equivalent preferred
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.